Most of people think that having style is synonymous with having loads of clothes or money to spend on them. This is not true and I’ll explain how to find your own personal style using 10 fashion commandments you should have a look at.
1. “Mix up branded and non branded pieces.” We are used to think that only branded clothes are stylish because only a few people can afford them. It’s not true.
2. “Be unique.” Choose pieces that are individual in their own way.
3. “Observe people.” Look at people both similar and different from you: If they’re similar to you, take a look at the entire style, if they’re different from you, just catch the particulars.
4. “Be inspired.” You could be inspired by everything around you: Use your imagination and your perception of what is beauty, even a ribbon can became a headband.
5. “Be vintage.” Vintage and used clothes represent fashion history. And above all: Don’t throw away anything, fashion is cyclical.
6. “Surf.” Search for new trends online and follow your favorite bloggers advice.
7. “DIY.” Do it yourself: look, think about it and finally, make your own piece!
8. “Be creative.” But remember that not all colors are friends with each other.
9. “Be accessories oriented.” They can even make the same dress look totally different.
10. “Dare.” Try something you like but you’d be wary of wearing: it could be your masterpiece, something that makes you feel like you’re on a catwalk!